A Nanny can assist you in various ways, depending on your needs.
Do you need:
- help to cope with your family and busy life. A part time nanny can work beside you in your home to give you a better lifestyle.
- A nanny to care for your children while you work either at home or outside of the home so you can concentrate on what you do best. A part time nanny usually works 2-4 days, and can take your children to playgroup, swimming, music or sports activities if you wish.
- A full-time nanny who works regular hours, 5 days per week and can be on call for extra hours to cater for business trips away and week-end seminars etc. This nanny can live-in or outside the home.
- A nanny for before and/or after school care – this nanny can also transport your children to their extra curricular activities in the afternoons and supervise homework so you can come home to a relaxed atmosphere in the evenings.
- A weekend nanny if this is your busiest working time – your children can enjoy week-end activities and be transported to varying venues.
How do I know who is the ‘right’ nanny for me?
- When you contact Active Childcare Solutions, you are asked several questions to determine what your needs may be and how a nanny can assist you in your home. This will guide us in making a suitable match.
- Active Childcare Solutions will check the data base and choose any applicants who may suit your needs.
- Interview times are arranged – we strongly recommend that all members of the family be present for, before or after the interview, so you can observe interactions and responses. An interview check list can be provided to you if necessary to guide you.
- When you have chosen a nanny, we recommend that you draw up a contract as this provides security in case of disputes and helps clarify many issues you may not have considered.
- Your nanny commences work with your family. Active Childcare Solutions will check-in at some stage to ensure that all involved are working successfully together.
What does a nanny cost?
There are many variables including the nanny’s qualifications, experience, live-in or daily, extra household duties required or if the nanny is required to use her own car to transport children. As a general guide, you can expect to pay a nanny between $22-$28 per hour. Tax, super and fuel allowance can be arranged by mutual consent, depending on the number of hours the nanny is working in your home.
Active Childcare Solutions Placement Fees for supplying a nanny is $225.
A deposit fee of 10% is required before nannies are sent for interviews. This is non-refundable. The balance must be paid before a nanny commences duty. A 4 week guarantee is provided. If you are not satisfied at the end of this time, the interview process will be repeated once at no extra cost.
If you require extra working days from your nanny after commencement, Active Childcare Solutions must be contacted and the extra days must be purchased.
Who can apply to be a nanny?
All nannies must have:
- A Blue Suitability card (police check).
- Some childcare, teaching or nursing experience.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates preferable.
- Current driver’s license.
- At least 2 childcare related references.
- Be personally interviewed and reference checked by Active Childcare Solutions.
Also remember to check to see if you are eligible for a Childcare Rebate, check www.familyassist.gov.au for full details.